Whether you have neglected your health for a while now or are simply trying to get healthier right now, we applaud you for making it a top priority.
There are so many things you can do to become healthier. Many people think that becoming healthier means salads for every meal and exercising daily. We recommend that you start slow. What is one thing that you are doing every day that you could switch out for something healthier? Could you stop drinking that can of soda for dinner and instead grab a water bottle? Becoming healthier is all about making small changes.
Our trained professionals will work with you to understand your body and how you can put your wellness first. We want you to get the results you are looking for. Whether that is to lose weight, to run that 5K, or to decrease your cholesterol, we would love to help you do this!
If you have any questions regarding wellness care, contact us today at (919) 474-8400.
Post Care and Wellness
This can be a difficult pill to swallow at times, but it is true. Unless you're prepared to commit to our practice, don't bother coming in for an adjustment. If you're committed to long-term health improvements, we want you to feel great, which requires ongoing care. However, don't panic - we understand if you've exhausted your excuses and are eager to feel better. Therefore, speak with Dr. Thacker about the treatment strategy that is best for you. We've witnessed both positive and negative effects and have a wealth of helpful information that can assist make your chiropractic experience enjoyable, not unpleasant.
Follow the plan
To obtain the desired benefits from chiropractic care, you must follow and adhere to your treatment plan. While you may feel better after one session, to see long-lasting effects, you must schedule recurring sessions. Rarely is a single session sufficient to completely correct years of poor posture and misalignment. As a result, it is vital to keep your appointments and follow your treatment plan in order to achieve long-term success with chiropractic care.
Common Chiropractic Treatment Plans
- Spinal Manipulation or Spinal Mobilization is recommended manual therapy for extremities joints as needed to alleviate pain, restore motion, and avoid recurrence.
- Exercise training and Soft-tissue therapy - Trigger point, Graston, manual release techniques, and more
- Physical therapy modalities - (electrical stimulation, ultrasound, laser, pulsed magnetic field, and more)
In general, unless a disease deteriorates progressively during chiropractic care, a usual chiropractic program is three times per week for two to four weeks, followed by re-evaluation.
Dr. Thacker often gives advice on how to avoid future problems by evaluating:
- Home exercise program. Exercises and stretches tailored to the individual patient are frequently initiated early in care, typically within the first three sessions, as several studies demonstrate that spine manipulation combined with exercise delivers the best outcomes or effects.
- Ergonomics. Changing harmful or asymmetrical lifestyle patterns or using various back supports, belts, or pillows to support the spine may be recommended. Additionally, instruction may be offered on how to bend, lift, pull, and push in an ergonomically right manner.
- Posture. This may involve gait analysis, sitting posture analysis, or standing posture analysis. Stretching and massaging using a foam roller, as well as activities with elastic bands, may be recommended for home usage to assist with posture improvement.
- Orthotics. Utilizing customised shoe insoles and/or a heel lift may assist in resolving postural imbalances.
- Diet. Healthy eating tips may help alleviate chronic inflammation-related discomfort, enhance general wellbeing, and increase energy levels.
Remain In Contact With Dr. Thacker
While the time interval between chiropractic treatments varies according to the individual's needs, it is recommended not to exceed three weeks between adjustments.