While pregnancy is considered an exciting time in a woman’s life, it also is associated with numerous aches and pains. That’s why we are happy to offer women safe and drug-free chiropractic care for every stage of pregnancy. Dr. Thacker has a long history of caring for pregnant patients. Before he became a chiropractor, he was a neonatal nurse.
Safe and Natural Care
Many studies have shown that chiropractic is safe during pregnancy. Dr. Thacker used chiropractic care on his wife throughout each of her five pregnancies. “If I didn’t feel it was safe, I definitely wouldn’t have used it on my wife and unborn child.”
- Helps to maintain a healthy pregnancy
- Relieves back, neck, leg and hip pain
- Decreases pelvic pain
- Helps to control nausea and relieve heartburn
- Provides an optimal environment for the developing baby
- Allows the labor and birth process to progress more smoothly
- May decrease labor time
- Could reduce interventions during delivery
- The first visit We’ll discuss what chiropractic is and review your past medical history, including what led you to have the symptoms that brought you into the office. Dr. Thacker will perform a physical exam. Rest assured that we don’t take X-rays on pregnant people. He will determine if chiropractic is appropriate for you. If it is, we typically start treating you that day.
- The second visit On the second day, we’ll discuss what your care plan would look like. We’ll see how you responded to the first adjustment and talk with you about the plan. Dr. Thacker will let you know how many visits a week he recommends and over how many weeks. If you are mainly seeking to alleviate pelvic pain, then 1-2 times a week for a few weeks is recommended. If a pregnant woman has a disc injury, then she would come in at about the same frequency as a non-pregnant patient.
Experience a Healthier Pregnancy
If you’ve been looking for pregnancy chiropractic, contact us today to schedule an appointment. We want to help you fully enjoy this special time of your life!